La Luminaria

These are so easy to make yet so effective.  Just remember though don’t use a real tealight candle as you could end up with a major fire.  I have used a battery operated tealight candle which changes colour and only costs $2 (naturally) from the Two Dollar shop.

IMG_1524

Instructions:
*  Take one A4 sheet of cardstock and cut in half vertically (lengthwise) then trim about 3/8” off the length of each piece.

*   Score at 2-3/4”   5-1/2”   8-1/4” and 11”

*   Decorate as required

*   Use the ornament punch to punch out the shapes on each side.

*   I then used my Big Shot and embossing folder and embossed on to a clear window sheet.  Sand the raised part of the embossing slightly to give it an opaque look.  On the top of the ornament shape I have used silver paper glittered to make it look like a light fitting and then placed the embossed piece behind.

*   Finish decorating your luminaria then adhere the narrow strip to form a 4-sided open ended box.

*   Turn on your battery operated tealight and place your luminaria over it .

Voila – a pretty decoration for the mantlepiece or table.  Make a few of these to place around.  You can also use different shapes other than the ornament if required.

Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial (my first!).  Have fun.

4 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Beautiful Judy and a great tutorial. I made one of these today too!

Debbie Lamb said...

It looks great Judy! I've been meaning to make one myself. Hopefully, the first of many tutorials from you :)

kareN stampZ said...

Gosh that's la fabulous & what a cool project - must go make some too :)

Sally Williams said...

I will be trying out your tutorial as well Judy, Thank you I love it.

Thanks for popping in to catch up on what is happening in my life. I enjoy sharing my love of stamping and cardmaking and invite you to have a look at the projects I have made. You are welcome to take my ideas and use them in your own creations.
 
Copyright 2009 Cards, scrapbooking & musings!! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes