These are so easy to make yet so effective. Just remember though don’t use a real tealight candle as you could end up with a major fire. I have used a battery operated tealight candle which changes colour and only costs $2 (naturally) from the Two Dollar shop.
* Take one A4 sheet of cardstock and cut in half vertically (lengthwise) then trim about 3/8” off the length of each piece.
* Score at 2-3/4” 5-1/2” 8-1/4” and 11”
* Decorate as required
* Use the ornament punch to punch out the shapes on each side.
* I then used my Big Shot and embossing folder and embossed on to a clear window sheet. Sand the raised part of the embossing slightly to give it an opaque look. On the top of the ornament shape I have used silver paper glittered to make it look like a light fitting and then placed the embossed piece behind.
* Finish decorating your luminaria then adhere the narrow strip to form a 4-sided open ended box.
* Turn on your battery operated tealight and place your luminaria over it .
Voila – a pretty decoration for the mantlepiece or table. Make a few of these to place around. You can also use different shapes other than the ornament if required.
Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial (my first!). Have fun.