Just look at my new toy!!

My kind and generous husband has let me buy myself one of the Making Memories IMG_0775Slice machines.  This will complement my stamping when cardmaking and mainly, when scrapbooking.  It will not be replacing my little Cuttlebug which I use for it’s versatile embossing folders, but have found the number of dies rather limited.   

This picture also shows a few examples of what  I have cut out.

IMG_0777

 

 

On the right is a Xmas card I made.  The dear little deer (lol) was cut out on my Slice and it’s antlers were stamped in with one of the stamps from SU Priceless set.  The snowflakes are from SU Snow Flurries set and the ones on the blue card (hard to see in the photo) have been embossed with a blue sparkly embossing powder.  I covered the image with a torn piece of vellum which not only saves me from needing to colour in the features of the deer, but also creates a misty effect.

The Slice machine gives me the added advantage of cutting to different sizes and when I can obtain the new MS (mirroring and shadowing) design cards that are coming, these will also give me more versatility.  There is also an embossing kit that enables you to emboss or deboss any of the designs but as yet, haven’t bought this.

Wow, aren’t I a lucky girl!

1 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, wow! I've seen a few ads for this but I'll be so interested to see how you get on, it looks tempting!

Thanks for popping in to catch up on what is happening in my life. I enjoy sharing my love of stamping and cardmaking and invite you to have a look at the projects I have made. You are welcome to take my ideas and use them in your own creations.
 
Copyright 2009 Cards, scrapbooking & musings!! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes