Shapes and colour – JAI 78

Challenge this week at Just Add Ink was the colours Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery.

IMG_1858(Please excuse the black shadow on the left hand side of the card – I’m not a good photographer!!)

Thought I would make this card concentrating on using the colours in different shapes  and blocks of colour.  This would be more suitable as a masculine card.  I used the stamp set Always plus some pearl embellishments.

I used my Big Shot with the Tasteful Trim die to cut the wavy pieces and the Top Note die for the background.

Something completely different – what do you think?

7 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Judy, I LOVE your big bold blocks of colour!! This is a great masculine card and a great use of the challenge colours. Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

Karen said...

This looks really great, Love the wavy pieces. I need that die hehe...

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Sigh! Another die that might make it to my list!!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I love those shapes. The waves are fantastic. Chantell

kareN stampZ said...

I love it Judy what a fab idea be great as an embellishment at the bottom of a scrapbook page too

Anonymous said...

lovely card Judy..have be wondering what to do with the wavy die. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jo said...

Oh this is cute Judy. Love how you have used the die and the big blocks of colour. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

Thanks for popping in to catch up on what is happening in my life. I enjoy sharing my love of stamping and cardmaking and invite you to have a look at the projects I have made. You are welcome to take my ideas and use them in your own creations.
 
Copyright 2009 Cards, scrapbooking & musings!! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes