Remember when …

Do you remember the old telephone boxes.  Back in my childhood very few people had their own telephones but there was a telephone box within walking distance of most homes.

I made this card to enter in the SUO Challenge #64 (suochallenges.com) and this one was to use something that's included in this year's Sale-a-bration catalogue (or catalog as the Americans spell it).  In compliance with the rules everything used in this card is Stampin’ Up product.  See the full list of what I have used below:

IMG_2483

I wanted this to look like an old black & white postcard but used red for the phone box (which now I look at it appears a bit ‘drunk’).  This was to make it the focal feature and have it stand out from the black & white.

Stamps:
Feeling Sentimental (Sale-a-bration catalogue)
Lovely as a Tree
Word Play
French Foliage

Cardstock:
Basic Black
Whisper White
White Creped Filter Paper (used over the Whisper White to give an aged fragile look)

Ink:
Basic Black
Real Red

4 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

well you sure did make it pop & I still think it looks like the TARDIS, so it's landed in a forest - looks great & sentimental

Heidi Baks said...

Stamping over the creped paper... that's really a cool look! Love how you paired the telephone box with the "Remember When" sentiment. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Sally Williams said...

Love your card Judy I remember the old Red Phone Box as well

Jen Timko said...

What a perfect sentiment to use with this stamp!! Love it! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Thanks for popping in to catch up on what is happening in my life. I enjoy sharing my love of stamping and cardmaking and invite you to have a look at the projects I have made. You are welcome to take my ideas and use them in your own creations.
 
Copyright 2009 Cards, scrapbooking & musings!! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes