Scrapbooking class by ME!

Last Wednesday I held my very first scrapbooking class.  A little bit chaotic, but I have learnt heaps from it and hopefully the next one will run much smoother.  All in all though felt it was a big success though the proof will be by how many come back next time!

IMG_1168

We used the Simply Scrappin’ Petal Party kit to make a 12x12 layout.  This was my suggested layout (cased from somewhere??).

I also put out quite a few other bits and pieces for them to use, as well as a variety of punches but now feel that I gave them too much choice considering that most of them were new to scrapbooking and could probably have felt more comfortable with just a few materials to work with.  Next time I will set a specific project for them and give them individual kits ready to make up with their own photos (will let them know beforehand what the theme will be).

I had also done four vintage type layouts on 6x6 cardstock (I used the 12x12 Kraft cut into four) as I am starting to put together an album using old family photos.  Was really pleased with how these turned out so must finish doing more for this album.

IMG_1171 IMG_1173 IMG_1177 IMG_1179

Now isn’t that little toddler above (left) with her parents a gorgeous chubby cheeks?  Hee hee it’s me.  Oh I absolutely adore old photos, they are so fascinating.

5 comments:

Sally Williams said...

I love your vintage layouts Judy especially the one of the gorgeous little girl with chubby cheeks also the one of the two girls.
But in saying that they are all fabulous.

kareN stampZ said...

yes I love them all too & for a first class it was great - loved the LO - so cheery

Debbie Lamb said...

I heard through the grapevine that your class was a big success!! Well done. It'll just get easier with experience and we're all still learning. Love your LOs!!

kareN stampZ said...

I've awarded you the Sunshine Award - see the details at: http://www.karenstampz.co.nz/2010/05/blushing-me-here.html

Judy said...

Thanks Karen for the lovely award which I will post in a separate blog. Really honoured.

Thanks for popping in to catch up on what is happening in my life. I enjoy sharing my love of stamping and cardmaking and invite you to have a look at the projects I have made. You are welcome to take my ideas and use them in your own creations.
 
Copyright 2009 Cards, scrapbooking & musings!! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes