Scan update

Thanks everyone for your messages of good cheer but I'm sorry to have to tell you that it didn't go as well as I had hoped.  I mentioned how I was worried about them getting a line in my veins for the dye - well it took them over 2 hours to find a vein that didn't collapse.  In the end I had two very nice men - the anaesthetist and his assistant attempting to get the line in.  The poor nurse by this time was nearly in tears.  At least they were injecting a local anaesthetic in first as by then it had become very painful.  My arms, hands and wrists are black and blue though it is fading now.

Not a very pleasant experience and I'm certainly not in a hurry to repeat it anytime soon.  If anyone knows of a way to strengthen and replenish veins I'd love to hear from you.

Haven't had any results as yet, hopefully next week.

4 comments:

Janet said...

oh you poor thing...my mother had the same problem:(
sending lots of hugs!!!

Debby said...

Judy I'm so sorry it was so difficult. I was I knew of something to help you. Sending {{{{{hugs}}}}. Doesn't make you better I know but I till wanna hug you.

Anne said...

Ugh! Poor you, that's horrid :(.

Fingers (and everything) crossed for good test results

More hugs :)

Tru said...

That's a shame - the only thing I can suggest to get your veins back is - don't let anyone stick needles in them and to start aging backwards.
Hope the scan results are all good.

Thanks for popping in to catch up on what is happening in my life. I enjoy sharing my love of stamping and cardmaking and invite you to have a look at the projects I have made. You are welcome to take my ideas and use them in your own creations.
 
Copyright 2009 Cards, scrapbooking & musings!! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes